Tuesday 26 February 2013

Flight: Film Review

I LOVE films, and I have watched absolutely loads. It often annoys my boyfriend as we'll try and choose a film to watch on DVD and i've usually seen most of them. I also absolutely love the cinema. Makes such a great night out, I love the big screen and nibbles and getting lost in the moment. So, whilst the credits rolled whilst finishing watching Flight I thought- I should definitely write about this. Something I'm genuinely really interested in.. So.. bare with me, i've never reviewed a film. But.. i'm going to give it a good go!

Flight (2012) With Denzel Washington

An american film about a pilot Whip (Denzel) who dramatically saves the day by landing a crashing plane, which would have definitely killed them all had he not managed to land it. So he's a hero right? Well, not quite, it seems that he has a slight battle with the whole recreational drug and alcohol use, and allegations and investigations are made into the crash. Was it all his fault in the first place? There's also an undertone of romance throughout the film, Nicole who is played by Kelly Reilly and Whip endure a complex relationship.

The film is brilliant, it's probably the best acting from Denzel that I've ever seen. You feel an immense amount of pain for him-, even when he takes the wrong track. He portrays the 'addict' in a very real way- showing us the hard truth that when someone is an addict, lying and hiding what is actually going on isn't actually that hard for them. It had me thinking about it for days afterwards- In fact I think it was about two weeks since i've seen it and it's still very vivid.

IMDb give it 7.3/10.
I give it an 8/10.

Its not a 'happy' film, so if you're up for a light hearted film, avoid.

What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment