Monday 18 February 2013

Swinging Sixties

This weekend has been a celebration of my boyfriends 22nd birthday. He decided to set a theme for the party that was held on saturday night, ( I love a good theme!) and he decided to do the 60s!
Me and Joe back in the 60s!

Trying to find an outfit was near to impossible, google didn't help me at all. So rather than paying for an outfit from a costume shop I decided to hit the charity shops!

You can find some absolute gems in charity shops, and once i'd spotted this dress I knew it was meant to be! It was a long sleeved dress and went down just below the knee. You can see the pattern in the picture!

Doing the classic 'behive' was quite difficult also as I have quite thin hair with not much volume at all. After searching through youtube we found the best thing to do was backcomb only towards the root and do a small bun underneath, so that the hair can be brushed over!

All in all, a great success! What themes have you guys done before?

No comments:

Post a Comment